What is Docs Adopt?
Docs Adopt partners physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants with local schools to serve on the school wellness committee. This initiative offers physicians a structured opportunity to provide support, knowledge, and motivation to schools as they implement evidence-based strategies and promote a culture of wellness. No clinical responsibilities or services are rendered as part of this volunteer role.
How Do I Adopt A School?
The process is straightforward. Please complete this Volunteer Registration Form to initiate the enrollment process.
Over 50 schools participate in the Docs Adopt Program. Currently, seven schools are accepting volunteers. If you are interested in a specific school not listed below, please include the school name as you register for Docs Adopt.
- Allegro Charter(North Area)
- Lambs Elementary (Air Force Base)
- Lucy Beckham High School (Mt. Pleasant)
- Mary Ford Primary School (North Area)
- Memminger Elementary (Downtown)
- Midland Park Primary School (Rivers Area)
- West Ashley High School (Glenn McConnel/Bees Ferry)